Wednesday 9 September 2015

Pae Tamariki

Description:

Friday the 31st of July the Kapa Haka group went to Pae Tamariki. Pae Tamariki is a chance from what you have learnt in Kapa Haka, to share your knowledge. We performed at the Regent Theatre. We perform our songs that we have learnt in Kapa Haka. We practise every week on Monday after lunch.



Big Idea:

At Pae Tamariki, I felt... A bit nervous and excited at the same time. I felt nervous because we are performing I front of loads of people. And I felt excited because we don't normally perform to loads of people everyday.

I felt most proud of…being there at the Regent, with my Kapa Haka group because I wouldn't have been there for the experience, without Rosie and Nic. Rosie and Nic Teach us Kapa Haka.

I found remembering to move to the sides tough, when the boys do the Haka challenging because… sometimes people forget to move over that side and also sometimes people squish you I between someone.

I managed this challenge by….remembering people to move to the side and to not move so close to each other because we would not be able to do the actions.

At Kapa Haka, I next want to..... Getting less nervous for when we have to share like at Pae Tamariki.


Feedback/Feedforward:
I think you are wonderful at Kapahaka and work hard. You smile a lot and enjoy Kapahaka. But as you said you could work on having fun when you perform, on stage for lots of parents and other schools. Taylor


1 comment:

  1. Amy, it can be nerve wracking to perform in front of people, but you can tell that as a group you have spent a lot of time making sure you gave a great performance! You should be very proud of your part in Pae Tamariki.

    ReplyDelete