Tuesday 2 June 2015

Reading TIC-TAC-TOE Post

We have a goal either Expand Vocab or Comprehention. I am Comprehention. We have a Tic-Tac-Toe list for our goal so we can practise our goal more and improve while were not with a teacher. We go to two work shops per week with a teacher. We have to go to a yellow and orange work shop on your goal. You have to go to two different coloured work shops because if you went to two orange or two yellow you would be learning the same thing. When we gym to a work shop the teachers sign our sheet of what we have done during literacy time. I chose a Tic-Tac-Toe to show you what one of my Tic-Tac-Toes are during the time we are given to complete our activities. I chose to read The Tortose And The Hare. After I read that I had to fill in some questions about the story.


Here Is My Answers To The Questions From The Story:

Questions for “The Hare and the Tortoise”


Who won the race and how?

The Tortose won the race because the Hare thought he was so much in front of the Tortose he fell asleep. Then the Tortose passed the Hare and when the Hare woke up the Tortose was just passing the finish line.

What was the moral (or lesson that can be learned) from the story?

Believe in your self because anything is possible if you believe and never count on something that you can't trust.

Write one text to self connection you have made with the story.

Like the Tortise I believed I could come in the top five for Cross Country and I did because I believed I could and I practiced nearly everyday.

Write one text to text connection you have made with the story.

In the book Hero there is a boy who hasn't got much friends in fact he has only got one friend and he tried to make other friends. After he made new friends he found they weren't nice to him. They Bulled him and made him do things he wasn't comfortable with.

That is like the Story The Tortose And The Hare because in the Tortose And The Hare the the Hare Bragged and Bragged about that 'he is the fastest runner in the forest and the animals didn't like him bragging all the time. That is like when the boy in Hero doesn't like the things that his new friends no to him and make him do.


Big Idea:

I did a Tic-Tac-Toe on The Tortose And The Hare. I am in Comprehenstion so I am working on Text To Text, Text To Self and Text To World. Text to text is when there is two books you have read and you make connections within the two books about what is the same about the two books and what is different. Text to self is when you read a book and you find something that you have done or has happened to you that is the same or different. Finally text to world is when you read a book and you make connections with the world that has happened before.


Feedback/Feedforward:
I think you did a  really great job at writing the story and making connections mabye you could work on making text to world connections.
Aalaa

Evaluation:
I think I did a great job with explaining what had happened in the story in the questions because I made it clear what was happening. I could have worked on making text to text connections because I was struggling to think of a book I have read that had something's the same.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very comprehensive (full and clear) post about your learning Amy. I think you made some great connections with the story. Well done. I also think a good lesson to be learned here is not to brag or get too confident about your skills as the Hare did because it made him a bit complaisant (I wonder if you know what that word means? Perhaps you could find out?) and not try his best!

    Could you comment on how making these sort of connections is helpful as a reader, particularly with your goal?

    ReplyDelete